UNICEF Internship 2018 – Youth Engagement Intern
UNICEF Internship 2018
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF’s work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood.
Youth Engagement Intern (NY National Office)
UNICEF USA seeks an intern for the Youth Engagement Department interested in learning about campaign execution and youth targeted communications. In addition, the intern will gain skills that will prepare them for effective leadership in public service and program management. The intern will also learn about UNICEF’s programs and domestic initiatives.
The internship will provide an opportunity to:
- Learn about the importance of audience target communications
- Insight on the planning and execution of campaign based activations
- Learn about event planning and execution on a national level
- Acquire project management and leadership skills
- Assist in youth voulunteer communication
- Assist in the execution of the 2018 Student Summit
- Conduct research on youth trends of communications and activations
- Help develop resources to promote UNICEF clubs across the U.S.
- Help in the execution of Kid Power, World Water Week and End Trafficking campaigns
- Must be a current student enrolled in a College or University degree program
- Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills are essential
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Interest in program management and youth engagement or related field preferred
- Fluency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel is preferred
- Must be a highly motivated team player who enthusiastically embraces the mission of UNICEF and UNICEF USA
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
Time Frame: Spring 2018
Days per Week: Flexible
Hours per Week: 15-25 hours
This is an unpaid internship.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit site below: