Research Fellowship at the University of Antwerp, Belgium
Deadline: 11 July 2017
Open to: candidates holding at least a Master’s Degree in social sciences
Benefits: a Ph.D. scholarship for 4 years
The Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy (CSB) of the University of Antwerp is offering a Research Fellowship at the University of Antwerp and looking for an enthusiastic and competent researcher in the field of migration (m/f). The purpose of the Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy (CSB) is to acquire empirically and theoretically substantiated insights into the functioning of welfare state institutions in a changing socioeconomic, demographic, ecological, and political environment. The central focus of the Centre is in the analysis of inequality and poverty.
You will be part of the migration team of the Centre for Social Policy. You will strengthen the team’s research on socio-economic trajectories of people with a migration background in Belgium.
We are looking for a motivated researcher with:
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences (sociology, social-economic sciences, economics, commercial engineering, and others – preference will be given to honors degrees);
- A keen interest in issues of socioeconomic policy;
- A solid background in (quantitative or qualitative) research methods and data analysis;
- A good knowledge of statistical software packages such as STATA, SPSS, SAS;
- A sense of independence and a creative mind;
- Excellent English language skills;
- Strong motivation to learn and work in a multidisciplinary team.
- a stimulating and pleasant research environment that is conducting innovative research on topics with high societal relevance;
- candidates are expected to enroll in the Doctoral Program of the University of Antwerp;
- a Ph.D. scholarship for 4 years, starting with a one-year trial period.
Apply by sending a motivation letter and full CV to email@example.com with “Application researcher CSB” as a subject by 11 July 2017.
Successful applicants for the Research Fellowship at the University of Antwerp will receive an invitation for an interview no later than 19 July 2017.
For additional information, please visit official website below: