Research Fellowship Program 2018 in Japan
Research Fellowship Program 2018
The Matsumae International Foundation (MIF) is a nongovernmental organization. Its Fund is solely based on donations from many Japanese people who have responded with goodwill to Dr. Shigeyoshi Matsumae’s call. While many donations have been kindly o ered by enterprises and groups, most of the donors are individuals who are sympathetic with the Founder’s ideals, and maintain contributions to the Fund from their limited incomes.
Successful applicants are urged to seriously consider and understand the goodwill of those persons, and ensure that the provided fellowships are utilized e ectively.
Applicants of non-Japanese nationality who meet all of the following eligibility requirements are invited to submit the required application documents.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree, or be recognized by MIF as possessing equivalent academicquali cations.
- Applicants must be 49 years old or under.
- Applicants must have sufficient conversational ability in English or Japanese to prevent insurmountabledi culties during their research activities in Japan.
- Applicants should not have been in Japan in the past and/or in the present.
- Applicants should have firm positions and professions in their home countries, and should return to theircountries on completion of their fellowship stay by MIF.
- Applicants must be of sound health and not physically handicapped in any way which would not prevent fromcarrying out research in Japan.
FIELDS OF STUDY
Fields of study such as natural science, engineering and medicine are given rst priority.
PERIOD & NUMBER OF FELLOWSHIPS
Applicants indicate the period of Fellowship with the length of stay needed for the Research Project (Application Document #2) between 3 months to 6 months, and the commencing month and ending month between April 2018 to March 2019. (e.g. 5 months from June 2018 to October 2018)
MIF plans to invite about 20 persons.
The following nancial support is provided to successful applicants. No support to his/her family or dependents is available.
Fellowships are provided for successful applicants only, and intended for necessary living expenses and research activities in Japan. Under no circumstances is any part of the fellowships transferable to any other persons or other items.
- ¥220,000 yen is provided monthly for the purpose of payment of tuition, expenses for research materials, lodging, meals, transportation, etc.
- Overseas Travel Accident/Sickness Insurance: (1) Personal accident insurance with death bene t and medical treatment, and (2) Sickness insurance with death bene t and medical treatment.
- An economy-class round-trip air ticket between the international airport nearest to suc- cessful applicant’s home residence and Tokyo via most direct routing is provided. The provided air ticket cannot be converted to cash, nor can cash be provided by MIF for pur- chase of an air ticket by any individual or organization other than MIF.
- ¥120,000 yen is provided to assist with local travel expenses on arrival, the initial cost of lodging, etc.
Applicants should obtain the current issue of the Fellowship Announcement from MIF. Or, download the announcement from the webpage of MIF and print out the Application Form in PDF-format or MS Word le.
MIF cannot entertain requests for waivers of the eligibility requirements and other conditions, listed in the Fellowship Announcement, and will not respond to such requests.
Application must be submitted from the applicant’s home country. Under no circumstances will an application be accepted from a person already in Japan.
MIF never receives applications by Fax or E-Mail.
Applications must be received by MIF by August 31, 2017, at the latest.
For detail information, please visit the following link: