The Nippon Foundation – Grants Opportunity grassroot Organizations
Grants Opportunity grassroot Organizations by The Nippon Foundation
The Nippon Foundation is an independent, non-profit, grant-making organization founded in 1962.
Under the category of overseas cooperative assistance, we especially respect cross-border, transnational activities; local and regional undertakings that may fall outside the reach of the public sector or other donor agencies; and initiatives to tackle pressing issues and long-range or persistent problems that require prompt and systemized care.
- Improvement of Basic Human Needs – Healthcare, Support Of Disabled Persons and Those Who Are Socially Vulnerable, Agricultural Development, Population Issues, Community Development, Refugee Aid, And Disaster Relief.
- Human Resources Development – Training and Educational Programs Designed And Executed By Non-Profit Organizations And Institutions Of Higher Education.
- Promotion Of International Collaborative Undertakings – Cultural, Social, And Intellectual Exchanges And Collaborative Undertakings Which Contribute To The Development Of Greater Mutual Understanding And Cooperative Mindset In Order To Bring About Social Changes.
Applicants for The Nippon Foundation’s overseas grants must be non-profit organizations based outside of Japan. They can be local, regional or international NGOs/NPOs, and include educational and research institutions. The Foundation does not accept applications from, nor provide grants to, private individuals or for-profit organizations.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by mail; Nippon Foundation do not accept applications by fax or e-mail. All materials should be typed in English and sent to:
International Program Department
The Nippon Foundation
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-8404
When applying for The Nippon Foundation’s Overseas Grants, please make sure that all information is typed, and send one set of the following documents:
1) A cover letter,
2) an application summary form – available in following site
3) a project budget, and
4) a project proposal to The Nippon Foundation’s Overseas Grants.
When to Apply
There is no application deadline as such, and applications can be received throughout the year. However, since the screening procedures may take as long as five months, it is strongly recommended that applications be submitted at least half a year before the planned start of the project, or whenever the funding will be needed.
Official Website: The Nippon Foundation – Grants Opportunity