2018 Summer Student Program, Toronto, Canada
Each summer, Grand Challenges Canada welcomes passionate and driven students from a variety of disciplines to work as part of our team through our Summer Student Program.
Grand Challenges Canada’s Summer Students will work in and across the following areas, based on their interests and experience:
- Operations and Finance
- Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn & Child Health
- Every Woman Every Child (EWEC) Innovation Marketplace
- Contribute to an innovative and well-known organization at the vanguard of global health
- Work in an interdisciplinary team in your area of interest, and gain valuable, hands-on experience for your future
- Attend speaker events featuring prominent researchers, clinicians, investors, leaders and thinkers in the innovation, international development, and global health spheres
- Learn from our team through Grand Challenges Canada’s mentorship program
- Develop your communication, analytic and networking skills.
How do I know if I am eligible to apply?
To be eligible for the Summer Student Program, at the time of submitting an application, individuals must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution or have graduated within the last year (12 months) from a post-secondary institution.
I am an international student; am I still eligible to apply?
International students are eligible to apply as long as they meet the standard eligibility criteria (above) and are authorized to work in Canada. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the student and will not be arranged or covered by Grand Challenges Canada.
How do I apply to the Summer Student Program?
A complete application includes:
• Summer Student Program Application Form
• Summer Student Program Short Answer Questions Form
• Resume (maximum two pages)
- Application deadline: January 19, 2018 at 4 p.m. ET.
- Successful applicants notified: March – April, 2018
- Summer Student Program starts: April 30, 2018
- Summer Student Program ends: August 24, 2018
For more information visit the following link: